Tuesday 14 May 2013

HO HUM

Well there is little to report I'm afraid.  I've wandered into a what appears to be a rare springtime rut and have no new shenanigans or goings-on to report.  Oh sure I've been fighting the urge to go out and lay down a wad of cash on a new summer wardrobe, and yes I am in the middle of a tire fiasco, a topic which could have been blog-worthy, but which just didn't inspire me to write.

Last night I spent about 30 minutes laying awake trying to remember what Jimmy Fallon's first name was.  I figured there was already one Jimmy (Kimmel) in the late night circuit so there wasn't room for two.  Eventually I had to google it.  It turns out that Jimmy K does not have the corner market on that late night handle.

I have also joined a learn to run 5k class.  Last week we learned to walk 2k up and down a hill.  I'm not sure what happens this week but I'm sure it will be good.

Just a few moments ago I tried to log into this blog with the wrong username and became overly disgruntled, firing off a scathing criticism under the feedback button about googles "new format" in which I could not find the "write new blog" button.   It wasn't until after I hit the send button that I saw the comment that said "if you're having trouble seeing your blog, you may want to ensure that you have logged in under the correct username."  Oh dear.  So to the good people at google, I take it all back.  Clearly the problem was user error.

The peanut chicken turned out beautifully.  It was the best peanut chicken I've ever made.  I am equally grateful that I put the recipe on here because I can't remember what the hell I did.

Heres my recipe for spicy hummus (because I'm running out of useless mindless crap to share with you):

1 can of chick peas (also apparently called garbanzo beans)
1/4 cup tahini (also called sesame butter according to the haughty clerk at the Bulk Barn, or "I've never heard of that" by the confused high school student at Sobey's)
2-3 tbsp lemon juice
2-3 cloves garlic
handful of jalapeño peppers depending how spicy you like it
2-3 tbsp of hot sauce (again, depending how hot you like it)

Throw everything in the Vitamix and blend until smooth.  If you don't have a Vitamix, a food processor will work as will and blender.

Serve with veggies, or sweet potato chips or really whatever.  I like it so much I'd eat it by the spoonful.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment