Monday 11 March 2013

AND THEN THERE WERE BLUE PANTS

So Target has landed in Canada, and like the rest of the masses, I went in search of new retail treasure over the weekend.  Fortunately, long line ups and my lack of patience prevailed and stopped me from making any crazy "some assembly required" furniture purchases.  Unfortunately, when we followed up Target with a trip to the mall where I was "just looking,"  I ended up making an unexpected purchase.

I think it is fair to say that we all have a "go to" look, a style that we feel confident is out best look, and we don't tend to stray from that.  Hence the advent of shows like What not to Wear and the horrible one wear people's "friends" hire a stylist to get them out the MC Hammer pants and tube tops that they have been wearing since 1993.  Now I seriously hope that none of my friends were thinking of signing me up for that show, but I am fiercely aware that I have a style.  I'm a jeans and sweater kind of person.   Jeans and hoodie during working hours.  It's very difficult to break that mould once you've found something you are comfortable with, but from time to time I wish I had the courage to change it up and do something drastic.  Which leads us to Saturday afternoon at Riki's and the case of the blue pants.

Now when I say blue, that could conjure up any spectrum of colour, everything from navy to cornflour is on the table.   These pants are a vibrant royal blue, like the delicate wings of the eastern mountain blue bird.  On top of that they are of the "skinny pant" variety.  I have not worn pants that tapered at the bottom since pleats were in fashion, let alone pants that are so tight that they fit more like a pair of, well lack of a better word, tights...  They are way out of my comfort zone.  They are not even in the same comfort district, region or country, but for some reason I couldn't stop looking at myself in them.  Sort of like a car crash.  And now I have pants that I do not possess the fashionability to match with a shirt let alone shoes!  I have no idea what I'm going to do with these, but I'm damned sure that I can't go out topless in bright blue pants wearing slippers.  This can only mean one things.  I must return to the mall on a quest for a shirt to match my blue pants.  As far as shoes are concerned, lets just take it one textile at a time...

Also, I was deliberately throwing in as many "" as I could.  It didn't start that way, but then it just kind of "happened."

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment