Sunday 31 March 2013

THE MAN MASSAGE

Now hold on, before you go setting your parental settings let me explain;  in no way has this blog entered into 'R' rated territory.  It is the Easter weekend as you may or may not know, and in order to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus, I decided to book a spa weekend, as you do.  You may also recall an earlier blog regarding the ordeal of booking a manicure and hot stone massage.   You may recall I booked the hot stone massage portion of the spa day online.  At the time I booked my massage I was under the impression that Frankie was a female.  I don't think it unreasonable to think that anyone who a) goes by the name Frankie, and b) spells their name Frankie, would be a female.  So you can imagine my surprise when Frankie was in fact an asian man.

Now I am by no means a prude who can not display my ankles in the presence of a man, but I was a little taken aback.  Nevertheless I wasn't about to let this ruin my day of relaxation.  The massage was super relaxing.  The manicure changed my life (shellack is a way of life for me now).  What did very nearly ruin my day, was a misguided attempt to go to Walmart to purchase a few necessary items, such as a new wallet (please see previous blogs).   I drove in, turned around, and drove by back out. That in itself took me nearly 20 minutes (each time I recount this tale it gets a little bit longer, if I tell ten more people I'll have been in the Walmart parking lot for nigh on a decade).  It was madness.  Which leads me to this:  How is it possible that stores being closed for 2 days can cause such mayhem??  Each year we know that the shops will be closed Good Friday and Easter Sunday and yet somehow we are always caught off guard and we flock like hordes to the shops, be they grocery, pharmacy or otherwise.    And where do these people come from??  It's as if the entire populace has suddenly realized that the stores will be closed and so they crawl out from every nook and cranny and head, with vehemence, to their nearest shopping facility.   Now I know, it seems somewhat hypocritical for me to sit and judge when I have admitted that I was also going to Walmart to pick up some required items, but in my defence, I didn't know I needed some of these things until it was too late.  You see I'm staying at my parents house, getting it opened up for them upon their triumphant return from the southern states.  How was I to know that there would be no detergent, both laundry and dish.  Also, I could not have foreseen the mishap with the smoothie which would result in the need to do laundry in the first place.  In the end I found myself shopping at 9pm at night to avoid the crowds.

And so my weekend took me from spa day, to my first outdoor run of the season, to bad sushi, to movie date, to movie solo date, to fabulous steak dinner with blue cheese cream sauce and sautéed mushrooms, and now, to watching A Knight's Tale on TV.   All and all has been a brilliant and relaxing long weekend and I shall be saddened to say farewell to it, only to begin the countdown to the next long weekend...

Also I nearly burned half my hair off in a mishap with the BBQ.  Perhaps a blog for another day...

So I hope you have all been (or still are) making merry and enjoying the holiday season.  Until we meet again,

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment