Thursday 21 March 2013

SNARKYNESS WILL GET YOU NOWHERE

Today was a relatively uneventful day.  Relatively with the exception of the phone call I made to the day spa.

Lets take two steps back in order to take two steps forward, shall we?  My parents are away for the winter in Texas, or as I prefer to call it, the land of pistol packers who would make Charlton Heston proud.  They are planning on returning home from the winter pilgrimage some time in mid April.  This means I will be on my own for the Easter weekend.  Do not mourn for me good blog followers, for while many of you will be indulging in dinners of the turkey or ham or roast variety, I am planning a quiet retreat to my parents empty house to get the water turned back on and plug in the fridge (a big responsibility).  I have decided to make this my long weekend retreat of luxury and pampering and self reflection.  Self reflection will mostly involve watching romance movies wile drinking wine until I am in a self reflective state.  I'll know I'm there when I start thinking that infomercials are a good idea and that I genuinely need those Hollywood Curls ribbons.

So in that light, yesterday I booked a hot stone massage for myself on-line at a local day spa.  Then I thought afterwards, how about a spa manicure (pedicure is currently off the table due to a kickboxing class mishap that resulted in a missing toenail)??  So I left a message yesterday on the spa's voicemail and they called back this morning.  In fairness I did start the conversation off on the wrong foot by saying I wanted to book on Saturday April 30th when I meant Saturday March 30th, but it went downhill from there.  First I told the lady that I had booked a hot stone massage for 10:30 and before I could explain that I had done it on-line she cut me off and told me she didn't see it on the books.  Once we had sorted that out and I told her I wanted a manicure she started booking it, and did not ask me which kind of manicure I wanted.  Yes, there were three kinds of manicure, the regular (boring), the spa (my choice) and the man manicure (for men).  After she started the booking I said that I wanted to do the spa manicure and I also wanted to try the new shellack polish.  This caused a certain amount of sighing and was made out to be clearly an inconvenience on her part.   Next she asked me for my last name, at which point she informed me, in an irritated tone, that I "was not in her system."  I guess new customers are not a normal thing for this woman....  So now she has to take all my information, you can imagine how much of an ordeal this must have been for the receptionist at the spa.  And to top it off, because I live in a different area code, she had to adjust her form.  Oh the horror!

Anyway, here is to hoping that the actual spa experience is better then the appointment set up was.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment