Thursday 25 April 2013

THERE WAS A SMALL SPEED BUMP WHEN I ATE THE WHOLE BAG OF SMART POP

I have a confession.  My battle of the bulge has been a loosing battle as of late.  Thing were going along well up until about February, when, I think, the winter blah's got the best of me and let the food monster in me get out.  Things came to a head when I ventured on the scale for the first time a week ago and found that I gained back significantly more then I realized.  I had gained back weight that I had already worked hard to get off and now I have to do it again.  So I'm back on the Weight Watchers plan.  Sometimes we think we're "not really eating that bad" but when you do something like Weight Watchers, it makes you really accountable for what you're putting in your mouth.  Suddenly you realize how far off "not bad" you actually were.  They say that keeping a  food journal is a very good idea for helping with weight loss and I guess I have to agree. I'm on day two of WW and I've gone over my allotted points value both days, only by a little bit, but the fact of the matter is, I have already cut a few things out that I was having pre WW when I thought I was doing alright.  This is going to be tough, but tough love is what we need sometime.

Tomorrow marks the kick off to the weekend, the weekend being a time that I have traditionally struggled with to keep myself on track and not eating like everyday is a carnival.  There's just no structure to the weekend, it's a free-for-all and everything tastes so much better on the weekend!  Not to mention the wine.  I mean, I could skip a whole meal just to be able to have some extra wine on a Friday night!  Also, I'm thinking, just to make things accurate, I'm going to have to start drinking right out of a measuring cup.  Maybe I'll invent my own WW wine glass, it's just a measuring cup with a stem on it.  I feel like the people of WW could really be cashing in on this.

So anticipation of a measuring cup full of wine tomorrow night, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment