Saturday 27 April 2013

WARNING: HAIR RAISING EXPERIENCE AHEAD

I've made a decision.  It's a decision I've made several times over the course of the last several years, and while it may seem trivial to some, to me it is the pinnacle of patience and success.  I have decided to grow my hair.  Yes, that's it people.  No Mount Everest-like conquests for me, just a good old fashioned waiting game and increased consumption of protein in a misguided attempt to aid the growing process.

Now here's the situation as it stands.  For most of my life, my hair was kept short, and I mean very very short, because of unruly while curls that no one could maintain and always seemed to turn into a mullet at the first attempt to grow it out.  So I cut it it short.  Way too short.  For many many years and then, when I was in my late teens I decided to grow it long.   There was a lot of pain-staking styling mishaps over the years, but eventually I found a rhythm.  And then I lost my patience.  5 years of steady growth had got me just below shoulder length.  At that point I decided to cut it, not as short as it had been, but shorter nonetheless.  And I kept it short for quite some time, in a short fun bob.  Now all that has come to a head after years of straightening with flat irons, blow dryers, highlights and die jobs has left my once curly hair, in a straight and scraggly mess.  So I decided to cut the blow drying straight, only thing is, when your hair is short and bob-like, it's very difficult to pull it back into a pony tail and get he scraggly mess under control.  This is what prompted the decision.  Originally, I thought I'd just grow it out enough to be able to put it up so I could stop all the damaging blow drying, but then I decided that I would grow it long.  Longer then ever before.  This is going to take some considerable time, since right now it is just below ear length.   I have sent word to my closest friend, so that when I start to freak out about how slow its going and about how out of control things are getting, she will remind me of  my mission and has been instructed to use whatever means necessary to stop me from making a rash hair cut decision.  With any luck, by next summer I'll be shoulder length and in another 2 years I'll be close to my goal.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment