Sunday 13 January 2013

EXCUSE ME.. I NEED SOME HELP, THIS VACUUM CLEANER DOESN'T SUCK

I think it would be very difficult to cheers with a martini glass, especially if the glasses were full.  It's just an odd shape and the aim and timing required to make sure to clink that small rim does not seem like the kind of coordination one gets from drinking martinis.  This is why I prefer to stick to wine.  The glasses are round, giving an easy full face for toasting.

I am, as of late, experiencing some technical malfunctions.  Eight or nine months ago I had to buy a new hair dryer after the one I'd had for a number of years finally bit the dust.  Like so many of my small to medium appliance purchases, I bought the replacement dryer at Wal-mart.  Sadly, post Christmas my new blow dryer, not even a year old, self destructed.  It was annoying and inconvenient since this happened the morning of my first day back to work post Christmas break and I was more the half way done.  Fortunately I keep a spare.  Well not exactly,  I have a small dryer I use for travel.  It's not nearly as powerful or as good, but comparatively to not working at all, it was the best option.  Now had I kept the receipt perhaps I could have done something since there was a 1 year warranty on the dryer.  Unfortunately the receipt and warranty information were no where to be found so I replaced the dryer.  It was $30, not really a huge investment.

Now, what was a rather large investment is the Dyson vacuum cleaner I bought just over five years ago, incidentally that is also the same length of time that the warranty is good for.  A little back story if you will indulge me.  For many years I have long fought the battle of the vacuum cleaner that did not suck.  Oh sure, you'd use them for a year or maybe two if you were lucky,  but inevitably they'd always  stop sucking and start, well, sucking.  It was frustrating, and I do not enjoy housework in any way, so any added frustration was just an excuse to avoid doing it at all.  Then one day it all changed.  A man of seemingly Swedish or Norwegian or some kind of Viking race decent, invented a vacuum that's sole claim was that it did not lose suction.  That's a tall order, and it seemed too good to be true.  But then people began to talk, and it seems the claims were not outlandish after all.  One small issue, the cost of clean floors comes at a hefty price, upwards of $500.  So I started to save and then one Christmas my mom gave me a gift certificate towards the Dyson.   I got my Dyson, and it changed my life.  It truly does have the most exceptional suction of all its vacuum predecessors.  In fact it sucked so much that it lifted the area rug right off the floor, the lights in the entire house dim when it starts.  Impressive.  Or at least it was until just after the warranty expired.  Now I have a $500 vacuum that barely sucks at all.  So now what?  This is where I'm at, I have no warranty and my floors are dirty.  This weekend I picked up a pamphlet from Wal-mart containing a customer service number for Dyson.  This is my only hope, but sadly they were closed for the weekend so my quest will continue into this week...

Well I hope you're weekend has been full of adventure and embarrassing memories to last a lifetime.

Cheers,


No comments:

Post a Comment