Sunday 3 February 2013

HOW BEYONCE RUINED THE SUPERBOWL

So I guess pants really impede ones ability to sing according to the half time show at the Super Bowl with Beyonce.  And now there's been a power surge which has caused the game to come to a halt and I can only believe that Beyonce is somehow responsible for that.  What's more then this, is that my spell checker recognized Beyonce as a word.  You know you've made it big when your unusual and uniquely spelled name is recognized by spell check around the world....

You know, part of me was hoping for, as Justin Timberlake  coined it, a "wardrobe malfunction" so that we could go back to the days of classic rock half time shows.  Remember the Springsteen set and the Rolling Stones?  Don't get me wrong, Beyonce is a fiercely talented singer, but when only  25% of the performance is singing, and the rest is gyrating followed by hair tossing, something gets lost in translation for me.  Just sing, and for god's sake put on some pants!

Looks like the game is about to start so I will leave you with that food for thought.  I will attempt to regale you with more tales of woe and glory in the days yet to come....

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment