Monday 1 October 2012

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Do you ever find yourself at the end of the day wondering what to have for dinner?  Well I do.   Sometimes I just lack the total and utter capability to come up with some kind of edible and nutritional meal.  I only add nutritional because anyone can scoop out 4 cups of ice cream and cover it with chocolate sauce, but lets be hones, that's sugar buzz isn't going to take you anywhere good.   The cycle always starts the same.  I come home, look in the fridge, and in spite of the fact that the fridge is full of food, I can not find one thing that seems worth my time.  Step two, check the pantry.  There's pasta and some tuna in cans, but really nothing I can work with.  So back to the fridge,  just incase there's something else in there that I missed the first time.  And so the dance goes on until finally I come up with some half baked solution for dinner, and I don't mean half baked as in I'm eating only partially cooked meals, I mean the outcome is usually questionable in its fundamentals, at best.

Recently I've been trying to be proactive in meal planning this is largely because I am just two lazy to come up with something on a nightly basis.   It works, but I find I spend all my time cooking on weekends so that I can eat during the week.  I feel like a squirrel trying to stash away nuts for the harsh winter ahead sometimes.  Unfortunately for me the harsh winter is only 5 days long and then I'm back to stashing nuts.

Which begs the question, with all the technology we have and everything we have made, why have we  not invented appliances that can cook for us.  Some kind of bluetooth, blackberry, mac apple hybrid that can whip up a batch of chill or fully roasted leg of lamb complete with salad and veggies?  Somebody needs to be getting on this.  I mean, just think about it.  It's not secret that obesity is a huge epidemic, and that we have become a fast food nation, but if you could simply say the word and have a healthy home cooked meal ready and waiting for you at home then maybe some of that unhealthy convenience eating could be curbed.  People I am on the verge of a brilliant plan, but don't have the means to produce it!  So if there happens to be any genius's out there reading this, please, please I beg of you to come up with this technology.  I'm tired of being chained to my kitchen appliances on Sunday.  I'd also like to ask for a cut of the profits, I mean it was my idea after all...

Well that's all for today.  Bon appetite!

 PS I'm leaving the cheers about because I think it would be redundant with the bon appetite.


No comments:

Post a Comment