Friday 5 October 2012

TURKEY LURKEY

Hello bloggosphere!

I type to you with renewed vigour!  For today marks the beginning of one of my favourite holidays.  The holiday where we are meant to give thanks and remember when the pilgrims and the natives sat and dined together which gives us all an excuse to eat way too much turkey, mashed potatoes, squash and pie, all smothered in gravy.  It's a weekend where laying on the couch with pants undone, while watching football is socially acceptable.  Traditionally cold and rainy and coinciding with the Elmvale Fall fair and more importantly, my birthday, this weekend gives us pause to think and be thankful for all the many things we have in our lives.  I would like to share with you some of those things now.

I am thankful for turkey's, for if they were not so delicious and juicy, this holiday would not be nearly as interesting.

I am thankful for long weekends, for if there were no long weekends what would we have to look forward too?  It's a long haul to Christmas now...

I am thankful for my cat, who threw up and crapped himself all the way to my parents house which is about a 2 hour drive.

I am thankful for power windows which helped with ventilation on the ride up.

I am thankful for the drivers who choose to clog up the highway tonight, allowing me to snake my way through the back roads with very little difficulty (minus the stench coming from the back seat, known as the cat).

I am thankful for stretchy pants, for they allow me to consume  more food then those restrictive jeans will allow.

I am thankful for grapes because grapes give us wine and I am REALLY thankful for wine.

I am thankful for beds, because without beds napping would really stink.

I am thankful for my blog readers, you are the reason I blog.

And finally, and most importantly, I am thankful for family and friends.  What would be the point of this holiday if there was no one to share it with?

So however, and wherever you're celebrating this weekend, I hope you are enjoying this last long weekend of the year (unless you're from another country who celebrates other holidays later in the year, then I just wish you a happy and fun filled weekend).  I hope you eat too much without being self-conscious, drink too much without getting hungover, and I hope you are wishing me a happy birthday on Sunday.

I'll likely be taking a little hiatus from the blog over the weekend as things get busy, but fear not, I am certain there will be much material to work with after spending an entire weekend with my parents.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment