Wednesday 17 October 2012

THE CASE OF MISTAKE IDENTITIES...

It is day 3 of my 3 day raw cleanse, and I am feeling the benefits of this cleanse fully.  The lady who was organizing this kept talking about how much energy she has after the does this, and up until today, I couldn't say I really felt like I could run a marathon.  I actually still don't feel like I could run a marathon, but I do have more energy, my sleep is improving, my digestive tract seems to be functioning well, so all in all, it's been a good experience.

It was, however, brought to my attention that there was some misunderstanding in the produce section of Zehrs.  I have been keeping my friends abreast of my progress day to day, or moreover relying on them for moral support in the form of guilt whenever I had the urge to say F it and scarf down a Big Mac.  Yesterday a friend sent me a picture of some kale she was wanting to add to a soup and wanted to know how I made out with the deveining.  For those of you who are familiar with kale you will know this is what it looks like:
What struck me as odd was that what I purchased did not look like this.  I almost informed my friend that she was fool for having bought bok choy until it occurred to me that the real fool, might in fact be looking back at me in the mirror.

Bok Choy:

Not the same as kale.  Now I feel guilty for going around giving kale a bad name when I didn't even eat it.  It turns out that raw bok choy salad is not my favourite thing in the world.  Will be sure to try the actual kale some time soon...

In the mean time, today's diet consisted of a lovely green fruit smoothie, a spinach and orange salad with orange tahini dressing, balancing broth & a raw carrot and raw beet salad for dinner followed by me new favourite ginger lemon tea.

The smoothie is delicious, and when I have more time, I am going to post the entirety of the 3 day cleanse for anyone who'd like to try it.  I know I really sold the green leaf juice yesterday, but I bet if you added kale instead of bok choy, it would be worlds better!

The spinch and orange salad was good, but I hate oranges, can't handle that pulpy texture (almost typed puppy texture, which would have been all sorts of wrong) so I choked down one orange piece confirmed my dislike for the orange, then worked around it.

The raw beet was something new.  Who thinks of eating a raw beet?  The raw food yogini that's who...  It was terrific and the tahini orange dressing was simply to die for (picture saying this with a very plush English accent, throw in a left hand wave as you do it, makes it more fancy).

I am limited on time tonight because I have an appointment with my PVR, so I will share with you the smoothie recipe with the remainder of the recipes to follow.  In the mean time, if you interested in eating raw, or just finding out more about it, I would encourage you to check out the following blog:

http://rawfoodyogini.blogspot.ca

I swear it is just a conicidence that we have the same background theme.  First time I went in I thought "why am I looking at my own blog"  then I read it and it was logical and actually about something...


RAW CLEANSE GREEN BERRY BLISS SMOOTHIE

2 large handfuls of spinach
1 cup of fresh or frozen berries
2 cup sof almond milk
1 tbsp of chia seeds
1tsp of coconut oil

Chia seeds can be found at the Bulk Barn and probably most whole food stores.  They need to soak prior to use for them to do their stuff, so pour them into 1 cup of the almond milk before prepping the rest of your smoothie, to give them time to expand.

Blend all ingredients and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jaeme. You might actually be better off with the bok choy, I like it much better than kale. I find kale really rubbery and chewy. Kale chips are good though.

    ReplyDelete