Tuesday 16 October 2012

WELL THE TEA WAS GOOD...

Oh my, blog followers, my fears about the green leaf juice were not unwarranted.   It was a challenge, to say the least, to choke it down.  It took me 2.5 hours to drink apps 3 cups of green leafy juice that tasted like spinach had an affair with celery and it turned into a weird four-way with cucumber and and parsley.  To top it off, it was very very very thick.  So I poured some lemon water into it and shook.  This did not improve the flavour, but it did make it easier to drink since it was less of a paste after I added the water.  2.5 hours into my day, green juice consumed, it was time for a rejuvenating tea.  It doesn't sound like much, but after the green paste I was sooo looking forward to the tea.  That's when my computer decided to have a melt down and I had to call the IT department.  An hour later, we got to the bottom of the PDF crisis, but I still hadn't had my tea.  Now I'm not sure how strict the rules are when following the 3 day raw cleanse, but I decided to have my tea with my big salad, even though there was no tea time allotment at lunch.  I also decided to have some of the cleansing broth this afternoon which was reserved for tonights big salad dinner.

This cleanse is turning into quite a challenge.  I give anyone who eats raw on a regular basis, a great deal of credit.  I am almost 100% certain that I'm going to be having the anti-raw meal day on Thursday which will culminate with a big juicy rib eye steak on the grill with a side of turkey.  No that's not true, that would utterly defeat the purpose of the cleanse, but I will be rewarding myself with a healthy non-raw option and maybe a cupcake.

I have not yet seen the menu for tomorrow so I can't tell you what kind of crazy breakfast beverage I'll be having tomorrow, but I can tell you this:  Of the list of groceries I bought for the 3 day cleanse I have used all but one of the items.  The one that remains unused yet is the medium beet.  I can only imagine what this beet is going to be used for and I am scared.   I feel like it will be juice related...

Will keep you posted of my progress on the last day.

Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/16/2012

    The steak sounds like a better option than the cupcake, but it is entirely possible that I am missing the point here. I am struggling with your f-ing cleanse buddy! I am struggling over here... Good job though you are almost there! Don't give up now...not even for a beet!

    ReplyDelete